Saturday, January 24, 2015

Asus- Style Combined With Power

My laptop has been with me for more than 3 years now and although it has been my precious ally allowing me to jot down my thoughts into words and let my creativity flow, it is time for me to put it to rest and bring in a new, sleek laptop with a much speedier processor than my current i3.

While buying a computer, the important question to ask yourself is what would you use your computer for? I use my laptop primarily for writing, browsing, checking my emails and to some extent for work purposes. Sometimes I would have to connect to a remote system using my laptop, so I would definitely need a fast processor.  Additionally I transfer lot of data from my system to my mobile, tab and my I-Pod. I download music and movies using my laptop and then transfer it to multiple devices, so that whenever I am free, I can hear/watch them. So I would like my system to have multiple USB drives for connecting my devices as well as ample data memory where I can store my photos, music and movies.

I am connected to Internet all throughout the day. I use Wi-Fi connectivity for all my devices but I forget to disconnect after using my system. So when I power on, I want my laptop to instantly connect to Internet. 

I do a lot of writing on my laptop- I hate smart phones for typing (in fact I still prefer the qwerty keyboard for typing) and I hate autocorrect. I would definitely like a spacious keyboard and responsive touchpad (I never connect a mouse on my laptop). I have had lots of problems with touchpad on my office laptop and I know how irritating it can be when you are scrolling in one direction and the cursor on your monitor moves in a completely different direction.

And finally I'm a mother with a 2 year old, trying to work on my laptop, trying to get my daughter off my back and cooking in the kitchen all at the same time. Yes, I multitask and I have to use my computer in the living room, kitchen, bedroom and sometimes even in the toilet (because that’s the only place where I can have uninterrupted time for myself).

So I need my system to be portable and durable and since I cannot charge my computer all the time, I would also require it to have a good battery life.  Phew! That’s quite a list, isn’t it? But I am not quite finished yet. I want my laptop to have a sleek, stylish design, after all what good a laptop is, if you cannot sit, in between your writing, and admire its smooth, glossy surface J

Now, I have 2 systems in mind, both from Asus- the first is the sleek and powerful ASUS EeeBook X205TA and the second one is the ultra-portable desktop ASUS All In One PC ET2040.

After going through the requirements and features I have decided that Asus EeeBook X205TA meets my needs more because-

  1. Full size keyboard and large touchpad means that I can type and write comfortably and since I spend a lot of time writing on my laptop, this definitely is a handy feature to have.
  2. Full compatibility with a wide range of USB devices means I don’t have to worry about transferring data between different gadgets.
  3. Ultra-portability with the laptop weighing less than 1 KG is a plus point for me because it is useful when I have to carry the laptop around my home, doing multi-tasking. It’s a useful feature to have because I also travel a lot and I have to carry my laptop all the time. You never know when the muse comes calling, do you?
  4. Long battery life with 12+ hours of battery life means I don’t have to worry about the laptop shutting down due to low battery.
  5. The Intel Quad Core processor is built for multitasking which is very useful for working women like me who have to juggle work and home together.
  6. The sleek ultra-thin design and glossy cover will surely make me a proud owner and I can flaunt it to my friends.
  7. Although the Asus X205    comes loaded with features it doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket. This awesome laptop is priced at 15,000/-

source- http://www.flipkart.com/




This doesn’t mean that I did not like the other computer. The desktop ET2040 has some enviable features like backup power which ensures that even when there is a power failure and there is risk of losing your unsaved work, the system provides built-in backup power allowing you to work on your files for an additional one hour without the main power supply.

It is a system that is designed for families and I would have definitely opted for it, had my daughter been a little older and I needed a desktop for researching/printing material for her school projects. 

source- http://www.amazon.in/


One feature of ET2040 that I wished that Asus EeeBook X205TA had was Innovative Gesture Control. How many times you were cozily cuddled on the sofa and were watching a movie on your system and you wanted to increase/decrease the volume or pause/play the movie but you were too lazy to get up from your comfortable position. Didn’t you wish for a remote control for your laptop? Well that’s what ET2040 offers with Innovative Gesture Control which allows you to play songs or videos, adjust player settings or zoom or rotate photos all with a simple gesture of your hand. Isn’t that pretty awesome?


My decision is made though. ASUS EeeBook X205TA  is the next gadget that I am going to invest in. Which one of these laptops you would buy?


This post was written for Asus Contest introducing ASUS EeeBook X205TA and ASUS All In One PC ET2040 hosted by Indiblogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment