Friday, June 28, 2013

On A Rainy Day





On a rainy day,
With the chill seeping into my bone,
I sit by the large window at my home.
Looking out at the drenched city below, 
I’ve never felt more alone.

My mind wanders into those lanes,
I thought I had barricaded long back.
I find myself thinking about you.
A bundle of memories I thought I had discarded, 
tumble out as they unpack.

I remember the night we had first kissed,
Under the awning of the tree that shielded us
From prying eyes and the gentle drizzle.
Passions running high, how I had wished that 
I could melt into your caress.

I remember it all,
The first kiss, the first touch, the first confession of love
The damp monsoons were spent cocooned in your arms
Entwined in each other, I felt warm even as the 
rains lashed from the skies above.

On this rainy day,
As I sit by the window with nothing but a blanket to keep me warm,
I watch the sodden world rush below me
And I wonder if you remember the moments we spent together 
in a long forgotten storm. 

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda
Image Source: Google

 

19 comments:

  1. What a romantic but sad ending to the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kalpana :) What is life, but a sad poem(just kidding) :-)

      Delete
  2. Brings back some old memories....!!!!
    beautifully penned!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rains do have this uncanny ability to bring back old memories, isn't it? Thank you for the comment :)

      Delete
  3. i had read this poem the day you posted it and was in awe of how it made me feel. I couldnt comment then as i was on a trip to Chennai. This one is a new from you and i absolutely loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maliny :) Words that come straight from heart do sound beautiful, right?

      Delete